Still can’t make up your mind about attending our most popular program?
Here are 10 reasons why you should…
1. Ever get the feeling that moments of clarity are getting further and further away? Somewhere in between waking up, getting through traffic to work, making your point at meetings, meeting deadlines, catching the train and deciding what to make for dinner, are you getting your daily dose of “me” time ? This yoga practice will fill in that missing gap in your daily life.
2. Do you often feel like you’d rather be on vacation than wherever you are now ? In the words of a friend, this yoga practice can truly give you the feeling of taking a vacation every day, and it gets better from one day to the next.
3. Have you tried meditating and does it bother you when your legs start hurting ? Do you wish sometimes that your body wouldn’t get in the way of your inner exploration and just let you get on with your dissolution? Surya Kriya is designed to enhance the effects of meditation and keep you alert, awake and alive.
4. Coughs and colds getting you down ? Are you a frequent sickie taker ? Well, these and other issues arising from a weak body constitution can be a thing of the past once you’ve tried Surya Kriya.
5. Ever feel like life’s getting a bit cyclical ? Recognising repetitive patterns in the way your body and mind are taking you through this journey from life to death ? One reason for this is because we are largely out of sync with the larger solar system that we live in, and bringing in this synchronization is one of the fundamental objectives of the Surya Kriya.
6. It is said that Krishna himself practised some form of Surya Kriya every day on the battlefield during the epic battle in the Mahabharat. Now, Krishna was a yogi who was considered no less than a god during his time (& our time). And if this is something that Gods practise, it can certainly benefit you.
7. Forget the gods, even for the general layperson, Surya Kriya was traditionally out of reach and required years of spiritual discipline and an endless search to receive this live practice from a Guru. Aren’t you glad it’s come all the way to your doorstep in Sydney ?
8. Time, time, time… who has it ? Well, all it takes is 20 minutes a day to get the Surya Kriya to work for you. Having said that, to learn this 20 minute practice effectively, it needs a dedicated commitment of at least 6 hours of your time to learn, but that’s a one weekend investment that will pay off in a big way for the rest of your life.
9. In many ways, the human spine is the most important part of the body and the postures we take have a great impact on our wellbeing. The science of yoga has always placed emphasis on the importance of the spine in human development. In terms of positive effects on the spine (& brain), there are few practices that can claim to have as much impact as Surya Kriya.
10. Last but not the least, of all the yogic practices focused on alignment with the sun, Surya Kriya is the original practice, from which the more popular Surya Namaskar (sun salutation) and other variations have been derived. So here’s a chance for you to learn the fundamental process that is more than just postures and the breath but an exploration of the geometry of the body and its relation to the solar system.
Click here to see upcoming Surya Kriya programs